Beyond avoiding the spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, employees can benefit from maintaining their overall health. Habits to promote overall health include:
· Improving sleep by getting outside and staying active during the day, limiting screen time before bed, and maintaining a regular sleep schedule and a healthy diet.
· Eating healthy by planning meals for the week, eating at regularly scheduled times, and limiting the purchases of salty and sweet snacks and other ultra-processed foods.
· Being physically active and getting outside when possible.
· Maintaining recommended healthcare including routine medical screenings and dental care.
· Sources and Additional Resources
· Sleep Guidelines During the COVID-19 Pandemic from the Sleep Foundation
· Staying Physically Active during Self-Quarantine from the World Health Organization
· Making Health and Nutrition a Priority During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic from the American Society for Nutrition
· Eating during COVID-19: Improve your mood and lower stress from Harvard Medical School
This FAQ was written in consultation with Carolina PROSPER. For more information about their work in helping North Carolina businesses to survive and thrive during the pandemic, visit their website and follow them on social media (@NCOSHERC on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn). Their full report on Workplace Safety & Health During COVID-19 is also available here.